With Aroldis Chapman being re-inserted into the closer role earlier in the week, the 2013 fantasy baseball closer rankings got moved around a bit.
1. Craig Kimbrel
2. Aroldis Chapman: Is the only closer in the game who could possibly challenge Kimbrel for the top spot.
3. Jonathan Papelbon
4. Mariano Rivera
5. Rafael Soriano
6. Jim Johnson
7. Jason Motte: Slips a bit now that he will start the 2013 season on the DL with elbow trouble.
8. Fernando Rodney
9. Joel Hanrahan
10. Tom Wilhelmsen
11. Joe Nathan: If he gets off to rough start, Joakim Soria will be ready by May.
12. Sergio Romo
13. Huston Street
14. J.J. Putz
15. Rafael Betancourt: The big problem here is that Betancourt is likely going to be moved at or before the trade deadline since the Rockies are not anywhere near contention this season.
16. Greg Holland
17. John Axford
18. Grant Balfour
19. Jason Grilli
20. Casey Janssen: Just got himself right with his shoulder before Opening Day. Will move up this list if he shows he is fully healthy when the games count.
21. Glen Perkins
22. Chris Perez Threw a scoreless inning in his return to action off his shoulder injury.
23. Bobby Parnell
24. Steve Cishek
25. Addison Reed
26. Brandon League: Can't possibly seeing him last the season in the job since the more capable Kenley Jansen is behind him.
27. Ernesto Frieri: Frieri would be much higher on this list if he had the job solely to himself.
28. Jose Veras
29. Carlos Marmol
30. Detroit Closer: Throw a dart on the wall.
- THE FANTASY SPORTS BOSS DRAFT GUIDE BOOKSTORE
- 2015 FANTASY FOOTBALL RANKINGS
- 2016 FANTASY BASEBALL RANKINGS
- THE FANTASY SPORTS BOSS FANTASY BASEBALL/FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD FORUM
- SUBSCRIBE TO FANTASY SPORTS BOSS FANTASY BASEBALL ADVICE SERVICE
- WRITE FOR US!!!!!
- 2016 FANTASY BASEBALL DRAFT SLEEPERS
- 2016 FANTASY BASEBALL PLAYER ANALYZERS
- 2016 FANTASY BASEBALL DRAFT BUSTS