With Aroldis Chapman being re-inserted into the closer role earlier in the week, the 2013 fantasy baseball closer rankings got moved around a bit.
1. Craig Kimbrel
2. Aroldis Chapman: Is the only closer in the game who could possibly challenge Kimbrel for the top spot.
3. Jonathan Papelbon
4. Mariano Rivera
5. Rafael Soriano
6. Jim Johnson
7. Jason Motte: Slips a bit now that he will start the 2013 season on the DL with elbow trouble.
8. Fernando Rodney
9. Joel Hanrahan
10. Tom Wilhelmsen
11. Joe Nathan: If he gets off to rough start, Joakim Soria will be ready by May.
12. Sergio Romo
13. Huston Street
14. J.J. Putz
15. Rafael Betancourt: The big problem here is that Betancourt is likely going to be moved at or before the trade deadline since the Rockies are not anywhere near contention this season.
16. Greg Holland
17. John Axford
18. Grant Balfour
19. Jason Grilli
20. Casey Janssen: Just got himself right with his shoulder before Opening Day. Will move up this list if he shows he is fully healthy when the games count.
21. Glen Perkins
22. Chris Perez Threw a scoreless inning in his return to action off his shoulder injury.
23. Bobby Parnell
24. Steve Cishek
25. Addison Reed
26. Brandon League: Can't possibly seeing him last the season in the job since the more capable Kenley Jansen is behind him.
27. Ernesto Frieri: Frieri would be much higher on this list if he had the job solely to himself.
28. Jose Veras
29. Carlos Marmol
30. Detroit Closer: Throw a dart on the wall.
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
SUBSCRIBE TO THE 2014 FANTASY SPORTS BOSS SEASON INSIDER PACKAGE FOR ONLY $39.99
Well gang the 2014 fantasy baseball season has already officially begun with leagues opening up among Yahoo, CBS, and elsewhere. However with spring training camps opening up this week, our coverage goes into overdrive as for the next seven months we will post our regular features in addition to the following which make up OUR YEARLY INSIDER PACKAGE WHICH YOU CAN SUBSCRIBE TO FOR ONE LOW PAYMENT OF ONLY $39.99! (THOSE WHO DON'T SUBSCRIBE CAN PURCHASE EACH ARTICLE FOR $1.50 EACH DURING THE SEASON) Included in this season's package are the following weekly features which will be delivered to subscribers via e-mail. -Sunday ADDS/DROPS: We are moving the ADDS/DROPS feature to Sunday for those who play in weekly formats. Stay on top of the latest adds and drops each week.-Monday Closing Time: All the latest news and notes out of the world of the ninth inning. -Tuesday PROSPECT WATCH: We delve into the latest news and notes coming out of the minor leagues so that we stay on top of all the upcoming promotions which are always key to winning your league. -Wednesday Fantasy Sports Boss Expert League Moves: Follow yours truly in BOTH of the Experts Leagues as I share all my adds/drops/and trades during the previous week so that you can follow along with my league activity. -Thursday Advanced Stats Corner: Delve into the all-important world of advanced stats such as strand rate and BABIP in order to see which players have been lucky and which have been unlucky. This package pays for itself many times over and we can guarantee success if you follow along all season. We look forward to seeing you all win your leagues again this season.