Only two days into spring training and the first significant closer injury has come down the pike. Oakland A's stopper Grant Balfour is out the next 4-6 weeks after undergoing knee surgery The procedure was called "minor" by the team but Balfour is obviously way behind now in preparing for the 2013 season.
Analysis: Balfour was shockingly good in the closer role last season and this injury is actually a good thing for his value if he doesn't have any setbacks as fantasy baseball owners will drop him way down their cheat sheet. So what if he misses a week or so, the value is looking very good here. Ryan Cook will likely handle duties in Balfour's place if he were to miss any games this season.
- THE FANTASY SPORTS BOSS DRAFT GUIDE BOOKSTORE
- 2016 FANTASY FOOTBALL RANKINGS
- 2016 FANTASY BASEBALL RANKINGS
- THE FANTASY SPORTS BOSS FANTASY BASEBALL/FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD FORUM
- WRITE FOR US!!!!!
- 2016 FANTASY BASEBALL DRAFT SLEEPERS
- 2016 FANTASY BASEBALL PLAYER ANALYZERS
- 2016 FANTASY BASEBALL DRAFT BUSTS
- THE FANTASY SPORTS BOSS YOUTUBE PODCAST CHANNEL